To enhance the quality of life to people with disabilities and people in the community, Maria Rehabilitation Center provides multi-disciplinary rehabilitation therapies, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language therapy .The services include assessment, assistive technology, individualized services, and group therapy. The center also provides a platform for professional exchanges and internships.
1. Children due to congenital or acquired neurological factors that lead to developmental delay.
2. Children with non-developmental delay, such as torticollis, articulation disorders,etc.
3. Central and peripheral nerve injury, such as stroke, spinal cord injury, etc.
4. Musculoskeletal problems, such as acute and chronic pain, low back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, etc.
1. Physical Therapy: The physical therapists provide therapeutic exercise, movement facilitation, massage, stretch techniques, strengthening exercise, balance training, posture education, and electrical therapy.
2. Occupational Therapy：The occupational therapists provide functional posture training (maintain posture, transfer and weight shift, balance and equilibrium), hand manipulation training (upper limb movements, hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, coordination of bilateral hand, fine motor skills), ADL training, sensory integration therapy (vestibular-proprioceptive integration, sensory-motor, perceptual-motor), perception and cognition training (attention, psychology and cognition, sociality and inter-personality) and vocational training (pre-vocational evaluation, pre-vocational training, job accommodation).
3. Speech and Language therapy: The speech and language pathologists provide communication training, oral expression and auditory comprehension training, auditory discrimination, articulation therapy, feeding/swallowing training, Augmentation and Alternative Communication assessment and training, etc.